Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Top Speaker Says: When The Buyer Is Ready The House Will Appear!

That old Rolling Stones tune, ?I Can?t Get No Satisfaction? could have been sung by those seeking to buy homes during the real estate bubble of a year ago, and more, which of course has been bursting ever since.

At that time, it was a seller?s market, and multiple buyers frequently offered more than the official asking prices because there was so much demand and so little supply.

Now, we may be on the threshold of a true buyer?s market, with home prices that reportedly have taken a 10% dip in the last year, alone.

Still, buying your dream house is difficult in any market. It just seems hard to find all of the practicality and frills you need and can afford in a single dwelling.

But instead of abandoning hope, I suggest you relax and consider my spin on an aphorism that I once heard, and you may have, too:

?When the student is ready, a teacher will appear.?

I?d like to offer this twist:

When the buyer is ready, the house will appear!

This has happened to me on multiple occasions. I?ve admired certain homes for years, and then, when I have been ready to upgrade, I?ve driven by these addresses and noticed For Sale signs. Within days, I?ve bought them.

When I haven?t quite been ready, I?ve seen some nice places, but the deals could never quite come together. Maybe the small yards bothered me or the absence of swimming pools, or the loudness of the air conditioning system right outside of the master bedroom window.

The market is telling me this is a good time to start looking, and I have. But I?m not really ready to move, yet, so I expect I?ll see some decent listings, but in a few months that one-of-a-kind, must-have beauty will come along, and we?ll live happily ever after!

Best-selling author of 12 books and more than 900 articles, Dr. Gary S. Goodman is considered The Gold Standard--the foremost expert in sales development, customer service, and telephone effectiveness. Top-rated as a speaker, seminar leader, and consultant, his clients extend across the globe and the organizational spectrum, from the Fortune 1000 to small businesses. He can be reached at: gary@customersatisfaction.com.

No comments: