Friday, October 29, 2010

Can I buy a home in a land contract situation if the owner would owe a difference on the home? ?

Can I buy a home in a land contract situation if the owner would a a difference on the home?

If they foreclosed what would happen to my arrangement with them? If time passes and I pay them the amount I owe the owner could the bank com after me for the balance owed? Would thier be a lien on the title until they finished paying their part? I need some good advice please!


You answered most of your own questions. The bank will definitely have a lien on the home. Sounds like an arrangement that you would want to steer clear. You might want to talk to a real estate agent. This transaction may not even be legal in the state you live in.

i see homes like that all the time. Very few buyers ever come up with the money to pay it off in the 2-5 years as the contract requires. That is why as a investor you get a substantial option fee for your part upfront

No comments: