Friday, February 4, 2011

Should I apply as a bank teller (looking to get into bank sales)?

I've been working as an independent insurance agent for the last year and a half and currently exploring other jobs in sales. I had a fantastic interview for a bank sales position, but was beat out! If I were to land a job at a bank, I'd like it to lead to a sponsorship for a securities license in the future. But in order to have an advantage, would it be better to start at the bottom or work my way up? Will recruiters even wanna *look* at my resume? In addition to my sales experience, I've got a degree in geography (a few years work in a related field to my degree) and retail experience in college. What do you advise?


The bigger banks REQUIRE the tellers to do sales. If you're good at it there's a high chance of advancement. I personally don't like the don't like the politics that go with banking but everyone is different.

No comments: