Thursday, February 3, 2011

Should I use a business plan, or proposal format when asking a lender for money?

I need to request money from a lending company, to build property. However, I also need to build and establish my credit with a bank. I've already brought the land with my own money. If the lending company decides to give me a loan. I would then put that money in a CD to gain interest and credit, while continuing to use my own money to finish building my property. Which letter format would I use to make this request and what should the letter contain?


1) Business plan

2) Projected cashflow

3) references, business and personal

4) Remember to try several banks, and if they did not approve, ASK WHY.

---

Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days

Computers: pen for people who have bad handwriting.

Definitely a business plan. But bear in mind that the lender will have stipulations on use of funds so you will need to use the money for the specific purpose that you are requesting it. Placing it on a CD does not qualify. In fact you will be getting a lower rate of interest on the CD than the higher loan interest. Good luck.