Thursday, May 20, 2010

How did my email address land in Africa and this person wants my bank details???

i thought my email was confidential


What a lot of these scammers do is send e-mails to every conceivable combination of letters hoping that some people will fall prey. There's no way to fight it, so just delete the e-mail.

-MM

but my email was unique that was why i was baffled

but do we expose these people http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20061225101616AAPUybK&kid=NbUvWzG0VTOD4xp.qBst&s=comm&date=2006-12-31+12%3A21%3A10&.crumb=

thanks for the comment http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20061225101616AAPUybK&kid=NbUvWzG0VTOD4xp.qBst&s=comm&date=2006-12-31+12%3A22%3A15&.crumb=

have u not heard of those scams? obviously do NOT reply to them!

sCAM,,,,SCAM...SCAM. Delete it NOW.... Do not reply in any way, shape, or form.....

I don't know, but yesterday some vietnamese person started IMing me, which is wierd, because I don't often give out my e-mail address, especially to people that I don't know how to talk to.

Did you send an email to an unfamiliar email address? If so, then someone may be trying to scam you. I got a familiar email from some so-called company in Turkey. The mistake I made was answering an email about a job. They claimed they saw my resume on monster.com and then emailed me about some US monetarial transaction garbage, that I would get ten percent of every money transaction I did. They sent me checks in an envelope that I was supposed to deposit, but I didn't. There was no return address on the envelope either. There's more to the story, but the long and short of it is that It's a scam. If that's what your email from Africa is about, delete it - don't answer it!

They buy them and try to rip you off. The address is confidential until you go out on something and buy it or use it in some way. Do not replay and put it in the spam folder to get rid of it.

never ever give out ur bank details to any1 online

scam. don't reply and delete it now

No comments: