Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My business that just landed a big contract. I've tried getting funding from bank. Is there another solution?

I've got a business that just landed a big contract. I've tried getting funding to produce the order from my bank with no luck. Is there another solution?


One thing that might be worth looking into is invoice factoring. This can work for most any B2B business. Essentially, you sell your invoices to a factoring company at a slight discount (their profit) and the factoring company in turn pays you immediately. Therefore, if there's a way for you to invoice your big, new contract in stages, you could essentially fund yourself. One other distinction between bank loans and invoice factoring, is that with factoring, the "credit" is based on your customer's credit, not yours.

No comments: