Monday, December 27, 2010

I live in rental property that is in foreclosure, my landlord says bank of america will do a principal reduce?

i am a HUD certified counselor and cannot agree with what he is telling me, he gave me his atty but he is a bankruptcy atty so i am not sure how much he knows about foreclosure/renters rights. My land lord says if we don't pay him he will evict us


Are you behind in your rent?

I have provided some links below that may help you in your search for information.

You can also consult a lawyer, most offer a free consultation.

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/ObjectID/B8CE60DC-0D00-4E6B-8DC71AF1165C89EA/catID/7E846209-6969-42D1-8B1617C517D8E62E/213/317/ART/

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_12976707

If you have paid your rent on time to your landlord, you cannot be evicted. Once the property has been foreclosed upon, ie the landlord no longer owns it, you cannot be evicted due to the new law passed this summer, unless the new owner is going to occupy the house. You need to talk to a renter's advocate, not your landlord's lawyer.

No comments: