Saturday, December 4, 2010

I've just started out in the ag industry and I'm concerned about tax implications my bank acct name will have

I've just started out in the Agricultural industry and have bought land etc all in my name, however my bank account has my father's and my name as the account name (as he wants to be a signatory to the account also), he has no invested interest in my venture. What tax implications will this have when we are to prepare our individual tax returns etc.????


If this is joint account with your father, all income earned (such as interest) from the joint account will be shared equally between the account holder. For example, if you earn $1000 interest, then both of you need to report interest income $500 each on your return.

If your father only has access to the account but not account holder, then you don't have to worry about tax implication.

No comments: