Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bank removed their charge from my house uk?

3 years ago I received through the post my deeds for my house and a letter saying that the bank had removed their charge from my house as my mortgage had been paid? I then received a copy of the Land reg for the new entry showing title deed in my name with no charge? I stupidly spoke with the bank and told them that they had made a mistake but they said their was no mistake. I continue to pay the mortgage but what does this mean? Any help would be great. Thank you


Well, at the moment you could potentially sell the house and scarper with the proceeds. However this would be immoral.

You need to go back to your bank. Make a proper appointment to speak to a mortgage adviser and take all copies of mortgage statements that you have.

Also, take the copy of your register and show them that the charge has been removed.

Get the bank to agree the balance remaining on the mortgage. And draw up a new mortgage deed and get it properly registered.

But don't pay any arrangement fees or survey fees of course.

It's better to be totally transparent and honest.

get in touch with a solicitor that's the only advice i can give you

You say you are still paying the bank money but, if they say there is no charge then ask them where is cash is going ...or simply stop paying and see what reaction you get from the bank.

No comments: