Saturday, January 1, 2011

Is it halal to get a loan from the bank to build a house although aleady have one.?

I Salamou Aleikoum

I already live in my own small house.My wife has got a peice of land.We want to build a bigger one.Because of the high expenses we thought of resorting to bank loan which should be paid back in six years puls the intrest.I think there is nothing wrong with intereststs because the value of money is not the same = 1 dollar in 2006 isn't the same in 2012.Am I right ? or isit another form of RIBAA? Thanks in avance. (I am Tunisian)


hmm actually its not halal to get a bank loan period. This is because they deal with interest

ugh, i read it somewhere, cant believe i forgot the site, hmm if you email me i can get it for you .. but nywho, it said that you should not buy a house on mortgage because it is a loan, and the bank does business with interest. Interest -- taking it and giving it is harraam.

If I find the site I will get back to you, If I dont get back to you, I have probably forgotten, and you will need to email me ..lol

it is OK, go ahead and do it.

Don't know what halal is?, but getting a loan from the bank is okay. Check out www.daveramsey.com for future financial cocerns.

Why don't you consult your sheikh?

As far as I know, going to a bank for a loan is haram in the first place.

You aren't really supposed to according to most Islamic scholars.

However, when somebody sells you something, you pay for it. Paying interest is paying for a service.

Don't worry about the little things like that. Help the poor and the needy, treat your family well and thank God for what you have been given. Live life by kindness.

Wa Alaikum Mas Salaamu Warahmatu Allah Wabarkatu,

It is Riba because the definition of Riba is many, but the one you speak of is when someone puts conditions on paying back money borrowed, It would be different for example if you borrowed money and they said "OK we will help you build this house for a fee" and the fee is an upfront fee, but if the conditions state that if your late or if you pay off early there is a fine then this would fall under the haram acts of Ribaa, and Allah sobhana wa tala knows best.

BUT There are many many islamic NON Ribaa organizations that might help you. I do not know about Tunisia but in America one that comes to my mind is LaRiba (not sure about the spelling) Try to do a search on the internet and insha Allah you will find another way without having to pay Riba. Riba is intrest in any form as well.

If you need more info on Riba and the meaning email me and I will be happy to send you some good links on it.

Pray that helps

fe aman Allah

as salaamu alaikum warahmatu Allah wabarakatu,

Okti

walycom salaam bro ..i think you are doing this for your family and its not haram to do so .. banks have job to lend money and in return they charge intrest .. thats business ,i dont think its haram to borrow money to buy house , cos the value of the house goes up in 6 years time .. wish you good luck .. salam alicom wa rakhmat ullay wa barakato

No comments: