Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Muslims How to Make America an Islamic Nation ?

Congress just passed a bill declaring the consumption of alcohol a felony, punishable by up to 120 days in jail. Although critics said the new law wouldn't work anymore than Prohibition did in the 1920's, supporters of the measure felt confident that it would hold, given the large support from the Muslim America community. Even now, many Islamic organizations are setting up alcohol treatment centers and prevention programs designed to help people kick the dangerous habit. The president, a staunch supporter of moral values, is expected to sign the new bill into law when reaches his desk.

Sound like fiction? It may be fiction now, but the future is like a book of blank, white pages; anything can happen. When I accepted Islam and surrendered my heart to Allah's will, I didn't do it for economic or social reasons. In fact, I suffered in those two areas because of my conversion. Rather, it was a choice on my part to reform my soul, my mind and my understanding of why I was alive and why I would die one day.

I didn't think about living in some town for a few years and making my fortune so my kids could go to Ivy league schools. I wasn't thinking about how to get all my relative a green card nor was I planning to leave and go back home to some far land after my bank account was full enough.

I was born and raised here. This is my land. I'll raise my children here, Insha'allah and probably be buried here as well. I knew that by accepting Islam I was declaring that America needed to do so too. America, my home, would naturally become an Islamic country one day. There is no other way to think if you are a truly conscientious believer in Allah.

In past columns, I have raised complaints or alarm bells at the state of some segment of the Muslim community. Now I'm going to offer three suggestions for how we can turn the situation around and become the dominant social and cultural force in a country that needs Islam more than another pop-star, beer-brand or psychic network.

First, we must be reminded of a simple truth: if you believe in Allah, then you must be more than just a praying Muslim; more than just a fasting Muslim. A Christian can go to the masjid and pray side-by-side with us all he wants; a Jew can fast in Ramadan for forty years, but if such a person doesn't surrender their will to Allah, then all those activities won't mean much. Belief in Allah is what makes those actions have merit on Judgment Day.

In the same way, why should we see a praying and fasting Muslim and automatically assume he or she is a true believer? The blessed Prophet once observed that many are the people who fast but who get nothing from it but hunger and thirst. In a similar vein, Allah said that people who pray for show are those who deny the deen. The intention, the belief, that's what makes our Islam real. That's what builds a foundation for the future of our community here.

Secondly, what's more important than what people see us doing in the masjid, is what they see us doing outside in the society. If people view us as foreigners, it's not because everybody is an evil racist. It's because sometimes we're presenting ourselves that way. We have to look at ourselves with a critical eye!

As a quick note, lest multitudes write and complain: The vast majority of Muslims here have chosen to live in non-Muslim neighborhoods; have chosen to live far from the masjid, have chosen to turn their children into neo-kuffar by letting them be indoctrinated by the public school system and have chosen to have non-Muslims as the primary people they come into contact with. If you choose not to actively practice Islam in your daily life, if you choose not to build and Islamic community, then don't display yourself as an ethnic model and say this is what a Muslim should be.

This leads me to the third factor which will help our faith prosper and grow here. The essential, unifying force we must have is a solid, homogenous community. We must live together. All those people who cry about ghettoizing ourselves need to wake up. Why do the Orthodox Jews live together? Why do the Amish live together? Why do the Mormons, the Sikhs, the survivalists and the Koreans live together? Quite simply, to preserve the unique way of life from the scrourge of assimilation. Are they ghettoized? No. Are they poor? No. Their communities tend to be healthier, safer and more prosperous than the general melting pot.

How many Muslims have been lost to Islam in the last fifty years here? Tens of thousands have been lost. The only reason Islam is still growing here, by large, is because of a steady stream of immigration. But when that dries up, the assimilation will dwindle our community down to nothing. It's like we have a bucket with a hole in the bottom. We keep pouring new immigrants in, but so many are leaking out are lost forever. (And we're hardly making concerted or intelligent efforts at bringing others to the faith.) I used to have contact with a unique community in the heart of Detroit, Michigan. It was originally settled by Yemeni immigrants about ten years ago. Those Muslims could have gone the way of others and lost their Iman. But as you'll see, something quite different occurred.

I still remember my first visit to the area fondly. I was attending a meeting of the newly-formed local ICNA group and had never been exposed to the place before. What I saw amazed me. I was elated, in fact! Children were saying salaams to me on the street and women (in hijab) were walking around and going places leisurely and confidently. I saw Muslims who were Arab, Black and Bengali. But what took the cake for me was when out of nowhere I heard the adhan outdoors over a loudspeaker. They fought the city council and won the right to do adhan five times a day in the community!

Something clicked in the minds of these people. The Yemenis formed a master plan and determined to stay together. They set up a fund and slowly bought one house after another, moving Muslim families in and drug-infested kafirs out, until they literally had thousands of Muslims businesses and stores in the heart of the community and bought a huge Catholic church and made it into a beautiful masjid. They even made a small community health care center!

When we were leaving our meeting and walking to the masjid for salat, it was the most beautiful sight: from all directions, men, women and children, of all races, were going to their masjid as a community. I've never been to Muslim country before, but I'll tell you this much, I felt as if I were in an Islamic country. And this wasn't Egypt or India or Turkey. It was right here - in America.


Good luck with that.

Honestly?!? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20070603143433AAuB9Gq&kid=BcdWLEzNMVQUBfV1D6gT&s=comm&date=2009-07-24+20%3A17%3A03&.crumb=

you better turn an atheist into a believer . isn't that better?

i appreciate your loyalty to islam...it is your right to do so...I am glad you find the freedom here to worship god in the way you wish.....you will continue to have this freedom, because the law which gives this freedom to you was written by christians.....

since you have indicated by inference that the God of Jews and Christians is not the same as your God...since they have to convert to allah....then you will never have this happen in america.....

there is only one God....and you have to recognize the legitimate worship of jews and christians who worship the one god as well...it is logical if they already worship the one god, but call him by his original name, then they do not need to convert, and you have no case against them.

since the christians gave you the freedom you enjoy, they also have the freedom to enjoy their own faith.....you cannot take that away from them...and put them under islam......

the problems you see are due to the presence of atheists in this country, who have no respect for god.....and do not believe in him.....as people turn away form god...they turn to sin...and make it a lifestyle... if you wish to make a difference...address the sin itself....and the atheists....the christians have had to deal with them for years now...the atheists are a tough group to convert or remove.....

so the problem is not to remove those who believe in god and respect his laws...even if their faith is different from yours......the problem is with those who hate god and oppose all religious freedom....

America was founded on separation of church and state. Ideally, it's meant to be a melting pot where we accept and honor our differences, while honoring our own traditions.

now what would you wanna do that for, you kill enough of your own as it is , why put such bullshit on a forum just cos you are a happy happy muslim chappie,

you start about alcohol, did you know you have a bigger problem amongst your own said brothers With alcohlism in Egypt than in the states, your quran says do not go to bed and leave your neigbour hungry, you say not my problem he drinks (lets you off the hook) what about his wife and kids?sah

If you want Islam...leave THIS country. Go to a Muslim country. Christians are in the majority here and THANK GOD.

I gotta go to Detroit!

sorry, it's very long article

but....about the question..i believe that we can reach this point in "da'wa" (calling others to Islam)

Yup it's fiction. There are Muslims and islamics in Europe and other places that consume alcohol it's not just happening in America. Why aren't you challenging them and their lifestyles? Better yet muslims and islamic have control of most of the middle east and there is where they can make rules and those rules speak to their majority. I happen to like to consume alcohol with my meals and I don't have a problem with the substance of alcohol. How about the muslim world concentrate on their embarasment of a situation in Darfur where people or dying and no one is buying them out they are killing them?

Um, I was also born and raised here, as were my parents, and their parents, and their parents, and theirs.....

If you don't mind, I don't really want MY country to be a Muslim nation. I do hope that is alright with you, as it is also MY country, and the country of a good many other people who do not want a Muslim theocracy here.

.

Nine years ago I gave my life to God as a Christian. I have also been brought up to believe as a citizen of the USA in tolerance and freedom. I don’t believe that we should separate ourselves off from people that are different from us. This leads to intolerance, isolationism, and many highly derogatory policies. I would not be AT ALL pro on an Islamic USA.

When I have tried to release control of my life to the Lord and even when I stumble in my attempt to follow Him, He would accept me as I back as I am as well as the community the Christian community I’m in. From what I’ve seen in Islam this is not the case.

Intolerance of non-believers or apostasy (the act of leaving the Muslim faith) is even written into the Quran. In many Islamic societies it is the duty of the family (Uncles, Brothers ...) to oppress the non-believers in the family. Should they express a non-belief in Islam then they have a strong possibility to be put to death. This is written into law in various Islamic countries. Freedom of thought is severely discouraged. Toleration of conversion to other belief systems is not supported. This is what our soldiers have fought and died for over the last 200 years. If Islam can not stand on its own today without the threat of violence, then this maybe why its in trouble in the US.

I’m not saying Christianity has not had its own trouble in this also. However the Christian beliefs that I avow to, believe that we should be like Jesus Christ in how we live our life. Should someone refuse to believe as I do then that is their choice. I would be disappointed that they have refused the blessings I feel I have received but God wants us to have a choice and come to him of our own free will, not by coercion.

zzzzzzzzz sorry I feel asleep

If you do not like this one nation under God then why are you here?, and why do you feel the need to force your beliefs onto people who like to embrace a brother regardless of his belief. Embrace this freedom. If I understand you. the fact is you are not thinking of this freedom you enjoy that millions have died to have that you enjoy every day in the USA. But by your simple statement you are saying my way and no other way. You have become blinded by the true meaning of what this country is all about. If your master plan in the name of Islam is truly then not just to convert but to conquer and dominate, is it not? Are we not told to Love our brother and give aid to him in his time of need. Is a brother to you just from an Muslim and have a Islamic background or could he be a Christian, or Jew, as well? I pledge my allegiance to this flag one nation under God- Your may be in the wrong. counrty?

what you talking about?

No comments: